How to compare Skippy’s Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter to Teddie’s All Natural Super Chunk food labels: Serving size for both is 2 Tbsp, the size of a pingpong ball. Calories are the same in both. Calories from Fat, Total Fat, Sodium, and Sugars are less in Teddie’s than Skippys. Teddie’s Peanut Butter has more good Fats, Fiber, and Protein than Skippy’s.
Check labels and see which food is healthier for you providing you the most nutritious ingredients. Look for good fats (polyunsaturated & monounsaturated) and fiber in food as well as low sodium and low carbohydrates.
Nutrition Checklist to a Healthy Lifestyle
- Check out MyPlate at mypyramid.gov
- Design a healthy meal
- Go shopping & compare nutrition labels
- Add more veggies & fruits to your day
- Make your grains whole grains, not fortified
- Consume 3 servings of calcium
- Build a Healthy Meal using MyPlate standards
- Be a Healthy Role Model for your family
- Cut back on salts & sodium
- Don’t go back for seconds
- Eat at the kitchen table or somewhere there is less distraction then you can focus on what you’re eating
- Take a breath between each bite
- Drink a whole bottle of water before each meal, it will help you feel fuller
- Drink at least six 8oz of water instead of sugary drinks
- Choose complex carbohydrates over simple
- Eat what you want! But eat less of it. Watch your portion sizes. When serving food put out what everybody will eat then put away the leftovers. You will be less tempted.
- Measure your meals
- Stay away from empty calories (cakes, brownies, chips, cheese, ice cream, sausages, bacon). Those are made from solid fat and provide more calories than nutrients
- Make better choices like unsweetened applesauce or extra lean ground beef
Learn How To Measure Serving Sizes